Re: Tunnel under the Opera house?

Derick Wuen wrote in message <3837debf.0@iridium.webone.com.au>...
>Oh no!
>
>Don't tell me there is General MacArthur's private tram and the rest of the
>strategic Sydney tram reserve down there!
>
>neumannc wrote in message <3837E783.542C@ozemail.com.au>...
>>Dave McL wrote:

>>> Yes. Fort McQuarie Depot. The main city depot.
>>
>> See  http://www.railpage.org.au/tram/sydhist.html
>>
>>Chris

Ive been through the entire of the used and dissused stjames station and the
only thing of interest is the following. A lake under maquarie st with
tracks on the bottom. some graffiti from 1942. half a dissused station that
was playing beethoven on the speakers at the time.
something weird though, there is a shaft under macquarie st that goes upto
road level that you can hear cars from.
st james is great. once i slept on the dissused platform after a long night
:) ahh the memories.