Re: The Contura Carriage

Hi,

Nah, they are too busy shooting up on trains now to care about windows or
seats mostly. There has been a couple of recorded incidents already of
people jamming syringes between the seats or between the back/bottom of
seats. Especially on the Werribee line. I always check my seat these days
and fortunately the closest I've come into contact with any pushers is the
plastic wrappers for the syrynges laying on the floor. A friend of mine
happened to witness someone shooting up, in full public view, on the
Hurstbridge line one day.

With luck, the "safe shooting rooms" will begin to divert them away from
our public transport system. Which brings me to wonder, do they buy and
validate Metcards?

ObGunzel: I noticed in a couple of Bayside carriages so far, there are full
size metal brackets holding the door windows in place, obviously to
completely replace the black rubber. This differs in the Hillside method as
such because they go for the full perimeter of the window, whereas the
Hillside brackets are about a foot and a half long and are on each side
(left, right) of the window.

Regards,
Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski
Ph: 0416-044-124

"I've upped my productivity... Up yours too!"