Re: Sydney Ticket Inspectors

> I feel Melbourne's Revenue Protection officers are better trained, and
that
> is because most of them were former members of the now defunct
Victoria
> Transit Patrol.

The victorian arrest rules are in the Transport Act which in addition to
the Crimes Act "finds commiting" rule, allows an "authorised person" to
arrest based on a "reasonable belief" that an offence has been committed
_if_ the offender doesn't provide name and address.

These police-like powers of those odious public relations nightmares
they call Customer Service Employees are seen as inappropriate because
they do not have the thorough training and accountability mechanism of
Victoria Police.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.