Re: [none]

Rex Manning <BenKinnear@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
kekY3.19$dp.2796@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:kekY3.19$dp.2796@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...

> Usually you put the location in square brackets
> first eg, [Melb] or [Vic]

No you don't - that was merely a suggestion by someone. If anything, it can
be misleading. Given the nature of Usenet, people normally do not change the
subject unless they are going well and truely off topic. BUT, it is possible
to stay on topic and start referring to other states. Putting the state in
can make the subject misleading.

> then something that will give the general subject
> of the thread like
> "Tram Crash" or "Hillside Trains stuff up" or
> something like that.

That is all you need to put.

> Then after the mistake has been made don't keep
> replying to that thread
> with out changing the subject to something
> meaningful like "Trams in
> Australia".

And who appointed you NetCop? (I thought I still was). :-)

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au