Re: [Melb] POTS (Position of Trains System)

Without cutting to fine  a line... whether its the preeferred 10ft or 20m  GPS will let you know where something
is...passing over transponders would I presume give a last known position type indication ....unless thee is some other
form of interaction between the devices on the track and on the trains....even at 20m   youhave a prety good idea where
something IS as opposed to introducing a little of the >>"well its somewhere between here and there"...that might work
onsome lines between some stations but its a shot in the dark on others!!

cheers >:~)) Richard