Re: canberra tramway

Gail BENNETT wrote in message <80laer$b9f$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>About a year or so ago the ACT Government announced that a tramway would be
>built from the War Memorial to the new National Museum (currently under
>construction), and that heritage trams would operate on it. Does anybody
>know if this is still going ahead? The ACT Government comes on with so much
>garbage, its hard to know when they are serious.
>
>Gail

The project missed out on Federal Funding, last I know was the proponents
were seeking alternative sources of funding from the private sector.   Can't
see any funding coming from the ACT Govt, they've lost up to $40 million on
Bruce Stadium, and goodness knows how much on the School of Hospitality, so
no doubt are wary of having their fingers burnt yet again.

Regards

David Bennetts
Canberra