Peterbrough Station news tue 9 th nov 1999.

Good afternoon from Peterborough, the first South Australian
Station operating travelling west of Broken Hill,  To days trains
 up until 15:00 CST .

I visited The Cutting and the sight of the old Narrow Gauge Tunnel
early this morning to view the Eastbound TNT freight carrying mainly
Atco huts I counted 38 in all  , Locos in charge were NR75, NR52
and NR34 , all pulling hard up the bank towards the cutting.  I do
hope to have photos of the old tunnel next week , I have had
difficulty finding any photos taken of when the tunnel was in use
any help is appreciated.

Back at The Station , the westbound Indian Pacific came racing
through the platform , then banged and clattered out over the crossing
towards Yongala at 13:00 hrs, loco in charge was NR27.

Must mention a good write up in to days Australian by Economics
writer Alan Wood on page 15 , he has some good and bad theories
on The Railways versus Road Transport.

Enjoy you Trains

Robin
Photos: http://www.railpage.org.au/pix/Peterborough/