Re: [MELB] Old Tram Signs

"Dave McL" <davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
3820a379@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:3820a379@news.iprolink.co.nz...
> Mathew Klock wrote:
> >
> > My one was in Beaumaris in Melbourne
>
> Aha, so I guessed right. One of the former Vicorian Railways trams.
>
> David McLoughlin
> Auckland New Zealand

I wonder. I reckon it was more likely to be one of the relatively recent Met
signs that someone has hung up at a bus stop by mistake. As I mentioned in
another post, there was a short time when the green & yellow Met signs said
"Hail Trams Here" & "Trams Stop Here" (obviously designed by a sign writer
with a sense of history).

Mathew, what colour was the sign in Beaumaris? Green & Yellow or Red/Black &
White?

Regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex@bigfoot.com)