Re: New St. Leonards Station

Jonathan Lau wrote:

> The new St. Leonards station is taking shape with 4 platforms being
> constructed. The awnings on the Up side platform are being put in at the
> moment. Anyone know when it will open?

Hmm. New stations. That remind me ...

A couple of years ago, I spent some time in Siderknee - most of it
wandering from one pub to the next, but occasionally wandering around on
the suburban rail system to see how much it had changed since 1980, when
I moved to Brisvegas as a yoof.

Somewhere near Newtown station, I espied what appeared to be a disused
station, with it's old platform face much higher than the trackbed. I
couldn't find any reference to such a thing in my books, though I
confess I didn't look too hard.

Was I dreaming?

--
Robert Kearey           Network Services
ITS                     University of Queensland