Re: NEW RAIL SPEED RECORD

David Bromage wrote:
snip

> I note with interest that the Sydney Morning Herald didn't carry the
> story today. :)

Your wrong, in my edition of the SMH there was a brief one column
mention on page 2 in other news. But I agree with the thrust of your
comment, the southern press and indeed southern railfans often denigrade
the QLD railways when in fact we should be applauding what they have
done. At least they have kept the railways together, are investing in
upgrades with real money eg. the north coast upgrade project with the
railways( and IIR the minister himself) actually stating that there
intention is to win business from the trucking industry.
I haven't heard any SRA (or its other compatriots )spokepersons or
ministers making the same statements. Pity!
Therefore, we should all be congratulating QR and making the southern
politicians aware of what a real railway is capable of.

Graham Fry

CAUTION - Any views expressed in this message are those of
the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the
views of Department of Public Works and Services