Re: Melton - Bacchus Marsh close revisited.

In article <374166A3.25376C49@ancc.com.au> David Langley <del@ancc.com.au> writes:
>From: David Langley <del@ancc.com.au>
>Subject: Melton - Bacchus Marsh close revisited.
>Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 23:09:55 +1000

>Gentlemen & Gunzels & Mr. B,

>I have heard say that the Ballarat passengers are having to bus from
>Melton because the people who have the major use of the North Geelong to
>Ballarat line say that "it is a freight only line and you can bugger off
>with your passenger trains" - or words to that effect.

>Words like "mean spirited" and "a crazy way to co-exist" come to mind if
>this is true. Does anyone know any more?

>David Langley.

Hardly surprising really , when one looks at historically the degree of rail
cooperation between differing rail bodies (none) , and the current degree of
cooperation between the existing private & Govt operators ( also none ) , that
what other outcome would you expect.
If I were FV ,I would be trying as hard as possible to get as many other rail
companies using my tracks as I could , after all Track Access fees are really
money for jam.

MD