Re: Labor Opposition, not one word on railways.

Geoffrey Hurst wrote:

> TRAITORS!

It has been said here many times, and sometimes by me, that ALL
governments are road supporters because of the fact that the VOTES are
in the road construction and usage areas. Compare the numbers of
truckies with the number of train drivers. Also the road lobby is very
very powerful whilst the railway lobby which would have almost been from
the management area is non-existent. Probably because of the fact that
the railway management would get paid whether there were any trains run
or not. And were probably also told to quietly go away or they would
suffer.

One (the royal we) could also speculate on how much members of
parliament are "paid" by the road users for their support in parliament.

David Langley.

A cynic is what an optimist calls a realist.