Re: Freight Train through Keswick

David wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if a Freight Train has ever been diverted through
> Keswick passenger platforms?
>
> Just wondering!
Yes, soon after the SG opened and the "steelie" sideswiped Bakewell
Bridge. The BG was standardised and the SG Gaol Loop linked via a spare
arch(used to be Mile End signal box) to the passenger line via Keswick
terminal.
Then we had all freights passed through the passenger terminal for
several weeks. I can't remember exactly how long. It was all written up
in Catchpoint, it would have been the winter of 95.
Bill Burton