Re: guard/driver training (was: "Olympic Sprint Platform - Lidcombe")

In <373AE819.2FFC8A7B@ozemail.com.au> David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> writes:

>Keith Malcolm wrote:

>> I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that NO one in NSW is infact
>> safe working qualified due to a lack of re-accreditaion until the new
>> ammendments come in.

>Safeworking?  What is that?  I've been on holidays.  :-)

At least you didn't drive a rental car off the end of a loading ramp in a
Los Angeles railway yard when you were on holiday. A certain Central driver
(who was at Enfield when I was there) went on a holiday to the US a few
years ago and produced pictures of his rental car bent in the middle after
driving it off the high end of a concrete loading onto some rails when
following a train through the yard! 8-)

It just proves what they say - Only in America - even when it's an
Australian that does it! (Hello DL, if you read this newsgroup!)

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport