Re: City Rail Guards

Guenther wrote in message <926473555.35314@diddley.primus.com.au>...
>They operate in Melbourne without guards.

Indeed they do, and part of introducing DOO was the modification of all of
the rolling stock and the installation of cameras and monitors at stations.

With the Olympics now just over 16 months away, there are other, more
pressing, things that have to be done.

ANyway, the unions would have something akin to a gun at their head if they
tried it now - imagine it "We want a 3000% pay rise for DOO" "You can't have
it" "Ok, we refuse to work during the Olympics".

Much easier to introduce after the games.

DaveP