Re: Safeworking the safe way

Yuri J Sos wrote:

> How many places in Victoria run staff and ticket? apart from
>         Eltham to Hurstbridge
>         Ararat to Maryborough
>         Maryborough to Castlemaine
>         Ouyen to Panitya
>         Nyora to Leongatha (Tourist Railway Staff and Ticket)
>         Hastings to Stony Point

Above all still operating.

>         Fawkner to Upfield

Not since 16 November 1998 when single line automatic signalling was provided
supervised from the new Upfield panel.

>         (from a list posted by krel in 02/98)

Now also Traralgon - Sale from 6 April 1999. 8412 up ran on TO and 8407 ran on
staff.

> >Thursday evening.....
> >
> >Up Special train from Warrnambool arrives at Colac and admitted into No.
> >2.  Down regular Warrnambool pass arrives into No. 1 and departs.  Driver
> >of Up proceeds to telephone in station and rings Centrol for an onward
> >order.  "But train 8xxx hasn't arrived"  "Been and gone"  "WHAT! I haven't
> >given it an order!"  the Down was instructed to stop midsection, and finally
> >Palermo was consulted and a train order from KM(---) to Warrnamboo was
> >issued...
> >
> Is Tony Palermo now part of Freight Victoria? VicTrack?

He is Manager, Rail Safety Vic Track. But he retires in July this year and it is
expected David Ward will get his job.

David Langley.