Re: Safeworking and other matters in Tas.

----------
In article <37343EDF.A511EC3@ancc.com.au>, David Langley <del@ancc.com.au>
wrote:

> Forster Family Inc wrote:
>
>> Hey John, I would just like  to know what happened to the Bombers today??
>>
>> Go DEES
>> Noel M Forster
>
> Bloody hell, a bloke can't escape the bloody aerial ping pong. Think I'll go
> me shed, only trains in there.

There may be only trains there, but here in lies an idea, based on ariel
ping pong.

Last year, the then New Norfolk Football Club chartered the Derwent
Preservation Society diesels and rolling stock to run a train to King George
the Fifth ground, Glenorchy, and vice versa.  Both grounds have stations at
their back doors, the Glenorchy one being serviced by the Tasmanian
Transport Museum.

The Burnie-Wiltshire line runs behind West Park Oval in Burnie.  The old
Launceston Railway Station is virtually next door to York Park Oval.  Why
not run the odd supporters train to TSFL games?

Over 150 people were turned away from the Mothers' Day Special on the
weekend. There is a demand and interest!

Two ASC on this run- 152 people, vintage stock (speed limited, sure),
including two buffets stocked with appropriate refreshment, should be a nice
day out! And to ensure that there is no anomosity between the people, Hobart
based umpires could travel on it as well!

And if the X/Xa/Y class are not up to it, then perhaps (once they're all
back in working order) the 10/11 class could be used from the former EBR
line. (being vacuum braked, as the ASC are vacuum braked, unlike the rest of
Tasrail which is airbraked).Better still, H2 would look good...

Worth a try!!

Padre