Re: David LAngleys age (was Re: Second rate Melbourne stations)

On Tue, 4 May 1999 20:26:05 LOCAL, mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie
Daly) wrote:

>In article <372e1087.338366@news.mpx.com.au> jdennis@acslink.net.au (John Dennis) writes:
>>From: jdennis@acslink.net.au (John Dennis)
>>Subject: Re: David LAngleys age (was Re: Second rate Melbourne stations)
>>Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 07:16:14 GMT
>.
>
>>Just in case anybody is remotely interested, I can recall steam days
>>in Victoria, and while never travelling on a regular steam-hauled pass
>>did watch them, and once rode from Korong Vale to Robinvale in the cab
>>of a "J" class on the daily goods train.
>

>I was fortunate enough to travel on the old Albury Express as a regular pass
>hauled by a K class,and have also travelled from Wonthaggi to Flinders St
>behind a T hauled regular pass. (That will strain your brains a bit.)

I did a school holidays day trip to Wonthaggi on a Leongatha
(Korumburra?) pass behind a T, then a Walker from Nyora.  Overtook
J505 on the goods at Anderson, and then rode in the cab of the loco on
the return, turning at State Mine en-route.

So long ago I didn't even have a camera with me.

JD

John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html