Re: David LAngleys age (was Re: Second rate Melbourne stations)

Michael Walker (walker@hotkey.net.au) wrote:
> Do you remember orange Comengs? (early 80s)

I remember my first ride on one. Caught it from the old Box Hill station
to Flinders St.

> Orange tea cup B class? (late 70s, early 80s)

Don't make me remember. They looked terrible!

Had my first ride behind one hauling a brand new N set (ACN-BN-BN, before
the BRN) from Geelong to Footscray. From there I went to Bacchus Marsh in
a string of PLs hauled by H4.

> Introduction of C class?

I went to Dynon with Jack McLean the day the first one arrived.

> Withdrawal of steam?

It was never really withdrawn. :)

> Introduction of diesels?

Way before my time.

> Somewhere in between...(anyone add their own).

Introduction of the Hitachis? I was around, but I don't remember.

Cheers
David