Re: New Fares in NSW

Mr Simpson wrote in message <372C5464.125E767D@mail.usyd.edu.au>...

>what about the people with return tickets bought at 10am, but do the return
>journey at 5pm or whatever?

They pay full fare - it is quite easy to do.

Brisbane Council has an off-peak ticket for their buses - is only available
after 9am, and is not available for travel between 3.30 and 6pm (might be
6.30 - have forgotten).

>thats the sort of example i meant, unfortunately there's more chance of
that
>than the person getting up early enough to do a return to penrith casually?

There are plenty of people who might do a casual return to Penrith - from
Werrington to go to the shops, for example. I only picked Blacktown to
Penrith as an example of travelling against the flow.

DaveP