Re: Easter Show

'Twas a dark and stormy night on Thu, 1 Apr 1999 18:36:06 +1000 as "David
Proctor" <daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> took time out from the neverending quest
to rid the world of grues and wrote:

> >I took a quick trip out to the Easter Show.  Bloody bad weather!
>
> I went yesterday - wasn't ideal weather, but better than todays.

My trip was actually yesterday, too.  I pity anybody going over the weekend.
Still, it will be a good workout for the trains and buses.  I don't think they
have had a test in bad weather.

> I noticed that State Rail did not have a display (for the first time in
> years!) - unless I could not find it.

I couldn't find it either.  Perhaps SOCOG has seconded the models to use for
Olympic transport?  ;-)

Maybe someone in  the SRA can tell us why they had no presence this year?

> >Anyway, I took the camera along and have posted some of the piccies on my
> web
> >page.  Worst thing was I spent a lot of time looking for a big chunder to
> >photograph and couldn't find one.  ;-(
>
> Should have had a few drinks and then gone on one of the rides - created
> your own!

Not at $4.50 a ride!  ;-(

Catchya

   http://www.ozemail.com.au/~kingpin1