Stony Point line (VIC) fun'n'games

OK, this is my first time posting so be gentle with me, especially if you
catch me using any Pommy expressions...

Monday 29th March...

I turned up
for the 6:12pm Frankston to Crib Point to find it replaced by buses due to
loco failure.

Tuesday 30th March...

Arrived at Frankston just in time to
see X36 (I think) with A66 inside, arriving on the 6:20am from Crib Point

At
some point during the day the locos were swapped as P13 was in place to work
the 6:12pm to Crib Point

Wednesday 31st March...

P13 was still on duty (as
you'd expect) on the 6:20 ex-Crib Point, but was held outside Frankston due
to "points failure" (later changed to "signal failure"). The guard amused the
punters by announcing that the driver of the 7:04 spark to Flinders St had
refused to wait for us (is it really up to him?). Eventually we ran past the
station via the through road next to the platform (No. 2 road?) and then
reversed back into the platform.

By the time I left on the next spark the P
had shunted the coaches into the sidings to make room for the next spark, so
I guess the 7:07am to Stony Point must have left fairly late.

Wednesday is
usually one of the swap days so I should think there'll be an A back on duty
tonight.

---

Bryan Parry
Boneo, VIC