Re: The Victorian 4D train

Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in message
01be79df$87f375a0$132e11cb@rodsmith">news:01be79df$87f375a0$132e11cb@rodsmith...
> Lots of trains now run only on Hillside: the fleet has been partitioned to
> match the governmment's wish for two independent uncoordinated operators.
> The double-deck set went to Hillside because only the routes to Lilydale
> and Belgrave were modified to accept it in commercial service.

[snip]
its funny how it only runs on the lilydale line then. Also an interesting
observation this morning... about 8:40, there was a huge bank up of trains
just before East Richmond... When my train got to Richmond... The 4D was
sitting there packed fuller (sp?) than a tin of sardines with the doors
unable to close =( Why did they modify it so it has to run single (ie
without 3 car comeng like it used to)??

cheers
Johann