Re: Signalling in Victoria

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> : <<<<<Is there anybody who can clarify a question I have concerning the Autos on
> : the Showgrounds line:
> : When a Auto is displaying a proceed aspect, is this controlled just by the
> : track up to the next signal, or is it controlled also by an overlap past the
> : next signal?>>>>>>>
>
> : I don't believe that there are any track circuit overlaps on the Showgrounds
> : line but to be sure you'd need to get hold of a circuit diagram.
>
> I also wanted to know this, I plan to go out there next week and watch an
> empty car train go out there and see when the signals clear.

I believe they run under the standard principle. However, if you look at the signal
distances, they are shorter than a 6 car set.

> Does the Showground Box(es) have a way of switching out? so that the home
> signals act like auto so train can go straight to the Racecourse?

Yes. Epsom Road can switch out.
Showgrounds Junction may have been modified for this with stabling at Flemington
Racecourse.

--
Thanks, Tony.

"Keyboard controller failure. - Press F1 to continue..."

New Homepage: http://homepages.tig.com.au/~baulko

It's here: Railpix - Australian Railway Photography.
            http://railpix.freeservers.com