Re: CityRail to Bathurst

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 07:52:43 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David
Bromage) wrote:

>If CityRail was to run Endeavours from Lithgow to Bathurst, what locations
>still have platforms? I know Wallerawang, Rydal, Tarana, Locksley and
>Raglan were still served in 1989, but I was wondering about other
>locations which could become a typical CityRail unattended platform, e.g.
>Bowenfells.
>
>Also, distances from Sydney would be appreciated. I'm trying to see how
>much you can actually do in a day with just one set.
>
>Cheers
>David
It can be done in one day David. The distance is approx 320km. Also
there used to be a service that left Bathurst at about 6am and arrived
in Sydney at about 10:30am. The service used to return leaving Sydney
at about 6:25pm.
This service was a 3 car loco hauled set which was unique. The cars
were not air-conditioned but had Diesel sets underneath them for the
heating of the cars.
Cheers
Richard
Former Intercity Driver at Eveleigh