A sad farewell...

It is with great sadness that I post this to the group.

Jack Stanbridge, a figure known to a great many railway enthusiasts here
in Western Australia and no doubt in many other states of Australia and
even overseas, passed away on 21/03/1999.

Jack was known to this author for most of his life, and it was an honour
to call Jack one of my best friends. He was an easy fellow to get to
like, and although some critised his supposedly rough-and-ready way, he
got things done. I liked him because of that, but mostly because of his
untiring devotion to his chosen hobby, which he tried his utmost to
support until the end. It is perhaps impossible to calculate just how
may lives Jack touched through his many years at "Jack Stanbridge's
Hobby Shop". How many of today's enthusiasts began to follow the various
facets of this rich hobby after buying their first 'train set'?

Farewell old friend, thanks for your constant source of inspiration and
leadership. Sympathies to Pat and all the family. You will be greatly
missed.

Chris French.
Co-Ordinator, Claremont Signal Cabin Group & S.I.G.W.A.

begin:vcard
n:French;Chris
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Signalling Interest Group of Western Australia
version:2.1
email;internet:cfrench@starwon.com.au
title:Co-ordinator
adr;quoted-printable:;;http://www.starwon.com.au/~cfrench/Signals/Sigwa.htm=0D=0AP. O. Box 250;ARMADALE;Western Australia;6992;Australia