Re: MORE TRAMWAY TRIVIA

John Duncan McCallum wrote in message <36F2EAF9.76860044@melbpc.org.au>...

>> > I can think of the following in Melbourne.
>>

>If I remember correctly, the original posting specified bridges.
>I wonder, though, whether the original poster meant tram only bridges.

No, I didn't mean tram-only bridges or roads crossing over tramways in
private right-of-way.. There aren't many of them!

I did mean to exclude crossings in Sydney and Melbourne between trams and
underground railways, or between trams and underground roads, as in
Melbourne with City Link. Sydney's light rail line poses some interesting
dubious cases, however, and raises the hoary old question - when is a bridge
not a bridge, but a tunnel?? Anyone want to start a thread on this one?
Rgds
Ron BEST