Re: That crash in the US

Amin Azoor wrote in message <36F49006.3C277DB3@ozemail.com.au>...
>Does anyone know what happened in that Amtrak Train crash in the US. All
>I know is is caught fire and hit a truck. I want the specific details.
>
>Thanks,
>Amin Azoor

If you go to the Chicago Tribune website, there's a very detailed coverage,
including audio, video and an animation of the train's journey leading up to
the crash.  Some interesting things are coming out - the loco fuel tanks
were designed not to rupture and they didn't, but fuel leaked from elsewhere
causing the fire.  The truck driver, whose driving record was far from
unblemished, said the lights and gates weren't working, but witness reports
both corroborate and conflict with his statement.  A subsequent test showed
it was possible to drive a semi around the lowered gates.
Go to http://www.chicagotribune for a full account and updates.

Regards
David Bennetts
Canberra