Re: Air Raid Precautions

'Twas a dark and stormy night on Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:29:33 GMT as
dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) took time out from the neverending
quest to rid the world of grues and wrote:

> > And of course, there were the unused tunnels in the City Loop - Under Hyde
> > Park and Macquarie St. Now there's a "cellar" for you!
>
> I thought they were used as military headquarters.

Bomb shelters.  I've been there.  You can still see the old signs telling people
to stay clear of the blast curtains.

I believe another section was used as a HQ of sorts but the main underground HQ
was out near Bankstown.

Catchya

   http://www.ozemail.com.au/~kingpin1