Re: Mansfield (Vic) railway

A bit more to your question.

The Mansfield line was down to a twice weekly goods near the end if I recall
correctly. I think the Alexandra got one a week. Right till the end a bit of
timber dribbled out of Mansfield but once VR got that safely on the road the
end came quickly.

Passenger service ended on 27/5/1977 a bit before goods traffic finished . One
of my favorite railway memories was riding up with the driver on a DERM to
Mansfield, sadly I never travelled on the Alexandra branch.

Mark
Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/