Re: Reopening NSW branch lines

In article <JbIG2.9$tb.378962@news0.optus.net.au> dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) writes:
>From: dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage)
>Subject: Reopening NSW branch lines
>Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 05:55:53 GMT

>I've only managed to catch snippets of information about Friday's
>announcement. There were about 30 lines listed last year, which has been
>cut down to a short list of 13 - 6 for freight (not including the
>previously announced Harden - Blayney and Kandos - Gulgong lines) and 7
>for "heritage" operations.

>This is what I managed to pick up off the ABC.

>Freight:
>Queanbeyan - Bombala
Beyond Cooma , alot of this line simply doesnt exist anymore , neither does
the right of way, especially just north of Bombala Station,due to road works,

>Cootamundra - Tumut/Batlow
Parts of this line are now the Hume Highway.

>Narrandera - Tocumwal
Most of this line is OK ,except the Naranderra viaduct.

>Cowra - Eugorwa
Mostly OK.

>North Star - Boggabilla
Dont know.

>(1 more)

>Heritage:

>Culcairn - Corowa
Mostly OK.

>Wagga - Tumbarumba
Lots missing beyond Ladysmith.

>Cooma - Nimmitabel (not part of the above Bombala proposal)
This bit is mostly there.

MD