Re: Victoria...it begins!

gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com.au wrote:

> We are forgetting something here a US ton is 2000 LB a Aus ton is 2240
> LB do your figures and the difference between Aus & US are not so
> great!!

As I understand it, the maximum axle load permitted in Victoria is 22
metric tons, and that is only allowed with operating restrictions.  (I'm
sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.) Comparing this to North
American practice, where a "100 ton car" is very common, a fully laden
"100 ton" wagon would have an axle load of about 36% more than that
presently allowed in Victoria.  (29.9 metric tons vs 22 metric tons)
That's a pretty big difference.