Re: More long weekend sightings

Michael Walker wrote:

> On Monday, what was the story with CBD trams? Route 109 trams were using
> LaTrobe Street but there were trams in Collins Street (saw a B2 near the
> corner of King and Collins).
> Swanston Street trams were using William Street.
> There were some B2s as well as Zs operating to West Preston.
>
> Any answers?

The had a street party in Swanston Street between 10am and 4pm.
Collins Street trams terminated at Russell St (route 11) and at Elizabeth St
(route 12).
Glenhuntly Depot trams ran via William St to Dudley St (routes 3, 64, 67).
Malvern Depot trams terminated at Swanston and Flinders St (routes 5, 6, 8,
16, 72).
Routes 1 was a bus from Batman Ave to South Melbourne Beach. I did not see
whether route 1 trams from East Coburg were terminating at Little Lonsdale St
or whether they diverted via
La Trobe and Spencer Sts as usually happens when Swanston St is closed.

Hope this answers your question.

John McCallum