Re: Victoria...it begins!

"Rod" <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote, and I selectively quote:

>    Seems the broom is sweeping and the first to feel it is Collins Street.
>Marinus is CEO and he retains it

Yes, I've heard the paper shufflers are the first in line to be
shuffled out the door.

>2.South Eastern includes Warnambool to Bairnsdale New timber train will be
>announced soon.

So the Bairnsdale line gets some of that $36 million to be spent in
the first two years.

Also both FV and WC said that they wanted the sand train back out of
Lang Lang and freight ex Leongatha.  Was anything said about that
line?

>We will bid for and win any traffic within our region. If the "New Train can
>run loaded profitably both ways we will run it. If not we will contract with
>the Railway that is running that route to take it on.

Great to see rail getting aggressive about expanding here in
Victoria... more strength to them!

>Paul Moore will probably do well with the new company, as long as he knows
>his place, what ever that is.

Be nice to see his GN GMs on BG.   I understand Andrew Bridger is now
2IC at GN and has his mainline ticket?

>    Rumours abound but it seems some of the idiots that have stuffed around
>riding V/Line into the ground have somehow managed to suck themselves into
>top jobs.
>    Cant name them, but we have got one of the real triers in North East,
>the rest were Station Master types, and one Shunter type who hated Drivers
>so badly,   he attempted to get his shunters driving the Y Class at
>Tottenham. It would have been better for everyone if he had kissed the
>underside of one of those Y classes, in particular for our customers, who
>will now have to deal with this idiot. And so that goes badly for the new
>company!

But I would imagine executives' performances will be now be more
closely monitored and it's less likely in the private sector that dead
weight will be tolerated.  FV have to make a lot of money to pay back
the banks, so I can't imagine they'll tolerate parasites.

>    Despite the press releases there will be no more New Engines, unless
>enough new sustainable business can be found to guarantee their usefulness.
>A survey soon to be completed will return many stored and disabled engines
>to service, would be nice to see the remaining T and Y class back in
>running.

And the four S class (he said hopefully)?

>These engines will be left round the State, and the
>mainline engine can be abandoned, and the smaller engine can go on down the
>branch to shunt and when returned to the train, put away till next time.
>this should extend the G Class Life etc.

This confirms what Graham Claytor proposed last year.

> Our New colours will be Green and Gold,

Oh no, not AN colours in Victoria.

>Rod ;o)
        ^^^