Re: BlueBirds

markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) writes: > <<<<<<The latest Digest states that the Blue Birds are going to be sent back to
> whence they came due to continual failure.>>>>>>>>
>
> Which digest are you quoting? (There are 2 you know)
>
> If its the NSW one I'd be very suspicous of its Victorian news, it has trouble
> getting its homestate news correct!

Looks like I'll have to leap to Derek's defence here, in order to
set the record straight. (I don't get paid for this folks!)  :)

What Digest *actually* said , on a photo caption of P16 of
the March issue was :

"The Bluebird railcars,that were sent from SA to Victoria for use on
Gippsland line V/Line Passenger services, have not exactly been a
resounding success. As of early last month, the cars had not moved a
wheel is revenue service to Warragul and though unconfirmed, it is
understood that they may end up being sent back to Adelaide."

This is slightly different to an authoritative statement , as
implied on the original post. Perhaps speculation in print is
dangerous -  it rapidly gets disseminated as hard fact!

Cheers,

Paul Hogan