How did Melb trains cope during GP?

Given last years GP train timetable had lots of extra workings over the
weekend utilising a special timetable and this years GP had about 24,000
people (last year was 104K apparently whereas this years attracted 128K or
thereabouts according to the TV) more utilising only a normal Saturday 20
minute freq. timetable until 7pm then every 30 minutes (according to posters
on Hurstbridge and Epping lines - other lines may vary and would be
interested to hear if they were the same, I'm pretty sure last week the
signs at Belgrave / Lilydale line stations were the same as Clifton Hill
group station posters):

The big question I am leading to is: How did the services cope? Was it a
total schmozzle, especially after the race or were extra services run
unadvertised to clear the crowds?