Re: Brisbane Light Rail,Briztram - questions

On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 10:12:32 GMT,
billboltonREMOVE-TO-EMAIL@computer.org (Bill Bolton) wrote:

>dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
>
>> But it's not very close to Roma St if you're coming from the suburbs.
>
>There's a Citycat stop fairly close to South Brisbane station, at
>least as close as I think the proposed light rail route would come to
>Roma St.  The only line that's not convenient for the South Brisbane
>Citycat interchange goes through Toowong in any case, so presumably
>that is a more convenient interchange for UQ than going right into the
>city.

Gee, if you think that walking the 700 metres or so to interconnect
with a train is "convenient" I doubt many other people will.

Estimated utilization <5%

The whole light rail thing is a JOKE - it would never have been
thought of if they hadn;t wanted to find a way to spend the $65M grant
from the feds.

Will it improve the traffic situation through town/ the valley - NO
WAY!!! It's just going to make thing worse.

They keep talking about MODERN system - what about a MONORAIL for
god's sake!

qldspeed

qldspeed