Re: Trivia - Double Slip points

Railway Rasputin wrote:
robson wrote:

> David Proctor wrote:
>
> > I think there are a set at Hornsby, but they are power operated.
>
> There are three sets of double-slip and one set of single-slip points at the
> northern end of Hornsby Station.
>
> All are air operated but not for much longer.

But why are the contractors installing new air equipment beside the exsisting compunds outside Hornsby box. I have seen the new diagram and at least 4 sets of these points outside the box will remain. The only difference that will occur is that these points will be controlled by the style S valve locks, and also will incorporate the now standard EOL setup

> The new SSI (solid state interlocking) signalbox will come into operation in
> October and all the double slips will be gone from there - replaced by
> conventional turnouts, worked by electric point motors.

Isn't there a set a Enfield?

rgds