Re: Trivia - Double Slip points

Railway Rasputin wrote:

> David Proctor wrote:
>
> > Railway Rasputin wrote in message
> <36DE47B7.EB9DE245@fastlink.com.au>...
> >
> > >What is "double slip points"?
> >
> > Don't you mean "what ARE double slip points"?
> >
> > I know what they are, but it is hard to describe - sorry.
> >
> > I think there are a set at Hornsby, but they are power operated.
> >
> > DaveP
>
> Full marks for taking a lot to say nothing.

 There are 6 sets of double slips outside Hornsby box. All are currently
air operated. But this will change when the resignalling is completed
late this year. The remiaing sets are staying air operated, while at
least 2 sets are to be removed.  These types of points are referred to
in the signal branch as compound points.