Near Miss at Central 3/3 [Was: Near miss at Meadowbank]

Chris Stratton wrote:

> Heard on the radio this morning that someone fell off the platform at
> Meadowbank and only missed getting hit by stretching out between the rails.
> The only injuries received were from the fall from the platform. <...>

There was a near miss of some sort today wednesday 3/3 about 1-2pm at platform
18.K97+S87 pulling into platform 18 stopped about 1-2 car lengths short of its
stopping spot after an emergency brake application. unfortunately i was too far
down the platform to see what actually happened, but the guard had not opened
the doors. When i made it up to the top of the platform, i saw that a train (S
set displaying east hills on the desto) pulling into platform 17 from the
flyovers had also come to a stop short of the start of the platform. A number
of drivers had come over from the control room and seemed to have a middle aged
man (red shirt) bailed up near the driver's doorway of the K set on platform
18. This man was escorted away from the scene towards the centre of the
platform (don't know where to, but towards city direction) by a driver. With
this, the driver moved his train right up to the end of the platform for the
guard to open the doors. By this time my train was departing so i couldn't
really stick around to see anything else, not that there was much to see.
Can anyone shed some light on this incident?

thanks
Homer