Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

Railway Rasputin wrote:

> MattyQ wrote:
>
> >             In NSW, Vic and SA, automatic (or permissive if you live in SA)
> > signals are identified by staggered signal heads. NSW has a strict rule -
> > lower light must be 200mm to the right of the upper light. This rule does
> > not apply in Victoria. Signal heads can be staggered left or right and can
> > have different spacings between the upper and lower head.
> >

> Autos can also be straight up and down in NSW with a letter A underneath the
> signal as seen on the East Hills line.

I think ppl are talking about Auto only signals. Not Home signals acting as
auto's..

You will find "permissive homes"  where the interlocking can be taken out of
manual operation, Parramatta etc.. You will even find them at Circular Quay...

In Melbourne, 'A' lights are common place. There are still 'A' lights on the
signals at Flinders Street because they were going to get adventurous and switch
metrol to auto operation on Sundays...

Funny how that never worked...
--
Thanks, Tony.

"Keyboard controller failure. - Press F1 to continue..."

New Homepage: http://homepages.tig.com.au/~baulko

It's here: Railpix - Australian Railway Photography.
            http://railpix.freeservers.com