Re: VIC - MELBOURNE - TRAMWAY SIGNALS

"Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST)" <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote:

>Also, what is the flashing white light at the entrance to the depot for, and
>the digital display at the entrance to Kew Depot from Barkers Rd?

I believe that the digital display was to tell tram drivers which road
to park the tram in. I have never actually seen it in use, certainly
not in the years I was working at Kew. Back then, the driver was
directed which set of points to use by someone holding out their left
or right arm. Passing the starter's office, they were then told the
particular road to go down, either by shouting or fingers in the air.

Best wishes,
Malcolm