Re: Bromage really is GOD!!!

"THE Boss!" <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote:

>Geoff Lambert wrote in message <7l9rbe$dtq$1@mirv.unsw.edu.au>...
>>markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote:

>>There were up to 9 standard gauge trains to Sydney scheduled at some
>>Easter Thursdays, but never more than three Overlands.

>Would trains to Sydney be broad gauge? <g>

Not after April 1962.  The one I am thinking of was in 1973 and they
were all SG.  One of the nine was a Y.A.L. special, so perhaps it
doesn't count.  Prior to '62 "Sydney trains" were scheduled only to
Albury anyway.  At Albury, there might or might not be a 1:1
connection with an equivalent NSWGR Sydney train at holiday times.  I
recall a Queens Birthday holiday weekend Friday night (1967) when
there were one or two extra SG trains for NSW, but also a broad gauge
train, the latter was an ARE special, change at Albury.

Or perhaps that was a tongue in cheek question?

GL