Re: Channel 7 "Learners Show" Tram Driving.

--

Daniel

(Remove nospam for a reply)
mcfergus@my-deja.com wrote in message <7l5seu$srf$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>In article <19990627034937.17215.00003930@ng-cs1.aol.com>,
>  markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote:
>>
>> So good to see that some of you are starting to realise that it
>doesn't take
>> years to drive transit stuff. Sparks take a bit longer than trams due
>> increased stopping distance and learning signal aspects is a bit more
>involved
>> than traffic lights. But it sure aint brain surgery!
>
>True, but as has already been pointed out, learning to drive a
>train/tram/bus is one thing, learning to drive it *well* is quite
>another...

I'll testify to that. I've spent years fixing what happens when bus
operators/other road users make mistakes. Yet there is always plenty of
drivers who make simple mistakes, causing thousands of dollars damage and
long vehicle downtime. Professional drivers....HAH!