Re: V/Line Pass/Bayside Trains/Swanston Trams

Matthew Geier wrote:

> In article <37731CE2.B37F7E89@omni.com.au>,
> David Bromage  <dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote:
> >Richard Ogilvie wrote:
> >> Although not yet announced, the National Express consortium of National
> >> Express, NAB, AdTranz, Clyde, RSA and Thiess have been awarded V/Line Pass,
> >> Bayside Trains and Swanston Trams.
>
> >Very unusual to see Clyde and Adtranz together. Adtranz certainly has some
> >interesting things in the pipeline. Stand by for Variotrams in Swanston St.
>
>  The Variotram is an obsolete product line. Incentros are what you will get :-)
>
>  Not that there appears to be much difference between the Variotram product
> line and the new Incentro line. Marketing I guess.

The push for light rail in Canberra is getting stronger. A large order for
low floor trams in Melbourne may just change enough minds. Adding an extra
15 or so to an order of 90 is no big deal. Saves lots of money.

Can we also assume the Ns will be maintained at Somerton?

Cheers
David