Re: ODD DESTINATIONS

Tony Gatt wrote:

> Does that include City Circle? It too is no specific place and is on desto
> rolls in Melbourne on Trains and trams. Also in use in Sydney.
>
> --
> Thanks, Tony.
> Railpix Australia - http://www.railpage.org.au/railpix

Quite a good point - it prompted me to have a look at the newer Sydney maps.
They no longer bear the "CITY CIRCLE" label next to its namesake. It seems to
have dissappeared
with the 96/97 maps (the first maps featuring the "pink" cumberland line, and
the line between regents park
and liverpool becoming part of the bankstown line).
Previous maps, however did have this name, so at least some of the Sydney
commuters could have some clue.

Homer