Re: V/Line Daylink

Michael wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea if these services are still operating..  I
> caught the MEL-ADL one in early Feb..  train from Spencer ST to Bendigo
> and Bus to ADL..  Haven't seen any ads for a while and wondering if they
> have been canned..  The one I caught was pretty quiet...
>
> Cheers
> Michael

Michael,

As far as I know, V/Line Daylink services are still running.  In the new
Staff Reference Timetable (SRT 99/1) there is no mention of those services
to be withdrawn in the near future.

As of March 1999, customers travelling to Adelaide on Daylink can book
through V/Line and its agents (ie. selected Hillside/Bayside railway
stations).  However, those who wish to travel on "The Ghan" or "The
Overlander" (both operated by Great Southern Railway) to Adelaide need to
book elsewhere.

Cheers,

I.C.

Iming Chan
Melbourne, Australia                       Email: chani@translib.com.au
Disclaimer:
This message only contains opinion of the author above.   It  does  not
express the views, policies or opinions of organisations represented by
the author.