> > B class (from "Power Parade"):
> > Length: 18.7m
> > Width: 2.98m
> > Bogie pivot centres: 10.363m
> > Bogie axle centres: 2.007m
> >
> > A class (from an information sheet):
> > Length: 18.542m
> > Width: 2.972m
> > Bogie pivot centres and bogie axle centres are the same as for the B
> class.
> >
> > John
>
> How could the A be shorter? Is the B measured including buffers and the A
> measured to the coupler face because it doesn't have buffers, or is there
> some other reason?
> --

The entry for the B class is just "Length overall"; I don't have the sheet for
the A class handy (it is somewhere in our large collection of railway items, and
thus I would have to search through everything :-)

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
**** Seeking Employment in the Cartography/GIS Field, Details at: