Re: Bluebirds to Run extra services in SA?

"THE Boss!" wrote:

> arthur marsh wrote in message ...
> >There is the slight problem of there being standard gauge track to Port
> >Pirie, Port Augusta and Whyalla, and the Bluebirds being broad gauge.
>
> Only a slight problem - they have operated on Standard Gauge!

How many of them operated on sg? I know it's in the recent AMRM articles
but I don't have them to hand. Travelling from Sydney to Adelaide on the
IP in 1990, we overtook a trio of failed Bluebirds at (I think) Snowtown.
We took on all the passengers and made several additional stops before
Adelaide.

Cheers
David