Re: Yarra Trams given to Metrolink

Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:

> "FRISCE Theatre Co. (Bryan Cullis)" <rabonzo@primus.com.au> writes:
>
> >That's nice.  And when do we get the East Burwood tram extended to Knox
> >City?
>
> Probably when the Glen Waverley line gets extended to Rowville ...
>
> Or when there's a rail line running out to Doncaster  ;)

And Hughesdale to Upper FT Gully via Monash University and Waverley Park.

Monash chose the Clayton site on the promise of a railway down the
middle of Wellington Road to the then VFL Park within 5 years of
opening.
That was nearly 40 years ago. The railway was revived as an ALP election
promise for the 1980 election.

Cheers
David